Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Introduction

To be honest, I've never understood blogging. Why do some people post intimate details of their lives for everyone to see? And why to other people read blogs? Yet, I find myself reading blogs, and now I am writing my own blog.

But, that's the story of my life - a life filled with contradictions. For example, I'm happily married, father of 4 children, and soon to be grandfather, and I'm gay. I'm a registered Republican, but I oppose the NRA. I don't support gay marriage, but I do believe in equal legal rights for committed gay couples. I've lived in Texas for most of my life; but, I don't speak with a Texas accent.

Being gay also creates other contradictions in my life. For example, I'm actively involved in the the LDS (Mormon) church which is not exactly known for being gay friendly. That brings up yet another contradiction - a Mormon living in the middle of the Bible belt.

So, I'm creating this blog to try to sort all of this out. I started keeping a personal journal; however, it occurred to me that other people add their own comments to blogs. And, reading comments from others might be beneficial in helping me to understand it myself.

No comments: