Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Memories


Memories by Mormon Enigma
Memories
Inspiring me
Haunting me
Memories long forgotten
My memories define me
They tell me who I am
And who I was
They remind me of my strengths
And my weaknesses
But, some memories shame me
Do I embrace all my memories?
Accept them
Capture them
Write them
Save them for eternity
Or are some memories best forgotten?
But, can they be forgotten?
Or will I carry them with me always?
Even in my shame


I wrote this a couple of days after I wrote the verse titled "Unrequited Love". I had really opened up to myself in my personal journal and was feverishly writing anything I could think of relating to early recollections of being gay. Some of the memories I dug up were painful which resulted in this verse.

1 comment:

Abelard Enigma said...

Migrated from mormon-enigma-verses blog on 5/05/2010