Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lost



Lost by Mormon Enigma

Today, we lost another brother
He did not abandon us
But we abandoned him
And, with his departure
A part of each of us goes with him
We all become somewhat less than what we were
Because no one reached out to embrace him
To accept him for who he is
Instead, he was ignored along with others like him
Pretending that he and his soul mates don't exist
Forcing him and others to hide their true selves
Living in constant fear that their secrets will be discovered
Is it any wonder that we lost yet another brother?
How many more will be lost
Before we realize that these losses diminishes each of us?
How much more can we be diminished before we too are lost?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...poignant. I came across your blog on accident but read with interest. I am a Mormon of 30 years. My son is gay. I have had to open my eyes...and my heart, and learn. Your poem, "LOST" described it exactly. All my best to you.