Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm voting Democrat

There is a video making its way around the blogosphere titled "I'm voting Republican"



Well, I'm voting democrat because ...
  • Democrats are so generous - with other people's money.
  • I want to pay higher taxes.
  • Churches should start paying taxes too - all of the needy people who depend on their help will understand.
  • I want leaders who tell me the things I like to hear rather than what I need to hear.
  • It's not fair that we have superior health care available to us - our health care system should be mediocre.
  • The terrorists are right - the US is the great Satan and we should just leave everyone else alone.
  • I think we should immediately pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq - after all, the terrorists have just as much right to setup camp there as we do.
  • Iran and North Korea have just as much right to develop nuclear weapons as we do.
  • Israel is just a bunch of trouble makers in the middle east - they should be wiped off the face of the earth.
  • $4.00 a gallon for gas is way too cheap. We should be paying, at least, $10 or more
  • It's far more important for us to have a young, good looking, charasmatic, yet clueless leader than to have an old geezer leader who has some knowledge of world affairs.
  • It's important for us to know whether our president wears boxers or briefs.
  • It's OK to lie, even under oath, if it's only about sex.
  • It's much more important for us to preserve some ugly slimy toad than our unborn children.
  • It's not right for us to inflict religion on our citizens by having "Under God" imprinted on our currency.
  • Reciting the pledge of allegiance is an outdated practice that should be eliminated.

7 comments:

Craig said...

Come on! That's not fair at all.

Kengo Biddles said...

Abe, if you're serious about any of those statements, I have to say I'm really, really sad.

Abelard Enigma said...

I guess I really suck at satire.

Kengo Biddles said...

I don't know that you suck at satire, but I think the problem that my generation finds with politics is it's two groups of people who claim to stand for things and then just throw mud at the others.

I think it's a generational thing.

Abelard Enigma said...

the problem that my generation finds with politics is it's two groups of people who claim to stand for things and then just throw mud at the others.

That's been going on since well before I was born and will likely continue well after you and I are long dead. I think it's just the nature of politics, particularly in the US with our two party system.

People say they don't like the mud slinging; but, the fact of the matter is that it works. Politicians who try to focus on just the facts and what they stand for don't get elected. So, basically, as an electorate, we are a bunch of hypocrites. If we truly hated the mudslinging then we wouldn't elect the politicians who are so good at it.

To say it's an imperfect system is an understatement. But, we've yet to see anything better.

I think it's a generational thing

It's your generation who are producing videos like the one I posted which was basically saying the same absurd things about republicans :)

My generation are the talking heads who essentially do the same thing albeit with a different media

Kengo Biddles said...

FWIW, I try to check anything I hear with Snopes.com, PolitiFact, or any other fact checking "non-partisan" website, to be sure of the facts and the positions. I don't want to be someone closed minded like made the Anti-Republican video.

But at the same time, you have to admit that the Republicans (and Dems) set themselves up for a lot of it.

Abelard Enigma said...

An informed voter - you are every politicians worst nightmare :)