- All right, here are the rules.
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I'm a convert to the church; but, my first crush (in high school) was for a Mormon boy. I once wrote a poem about him titled "Unrequited Love" where I also tell a little of the story about him.
2. I have no Mormon ancestors - I am the Mormon pioneer in my family. When I'm sitting in a dull lesson listening to someone drone on about their Mormon ancestors, I often start thinking "I'll bet my ancestors could probably beat up your ancestors". I've even said it out loud a time or two.
3. I served my mission in Missouri. I was older than most missionaries since I was nearly 19 when I was baptized. I left on my mission a little over 2 years after I was baptized (it took me that long to raise the money).
4. I attended the Independence, Missouri pageant twice while on my mission. That's the only pageant I've ever been to. I don't think that pageant even exists anymore.
5. I graduated from college; but, I didn't get any awards or anything. I guess I'm just not that smart. I really did not like college. For me, it was just a means to an end. And, I couldn't wait to get out. But, I am the only member of my family to actually have gone to college.
6. I started college majoring in Electronic Enginnering. After my mission I changed to Computer Science Engineering. I finally changed to Math and Computer Science because I figured out I could graduate a couple of semesters sooner (because I wouldn't have to take all of the Engineering core classes, like "Fluid Dynamics").
7. I work in software development and have been with the same company for 27 years. Although, I've been giving serious consideration to an early retirement and getting my teaching credentials to teach High School math.
8. My wife is also a convert, and the Mormon pioneer in her family. Only, she is more respectful than I am and always jabs me with her elbow when I start getting irreverent. I think both of us being converts perhaps made it a little easier when we were married in the Temple since neither of our families were able to be there.
OK, he said "random", he didn't say they had to be interesting.
Tag: Gimble, Max Power, iwonder, Brady, Salad, drex, Tito, and mr. fob.
(in case you're wondering how I came up with this list, I picked people who had commented on my blog and hadn't already been tagged, that I was aware of)