Monday, May 10, 2010

"8: The Mormon Proposition" will be playing in Dallas - anyone interested?

Initially I wasn't sure if I wanted to see 8: The Mormon Proposition;  but, I have decided I would like to see it.  It will be in select theaters starting June 18th, including the Angelika theater in Dallas.  According to the web site, the only other place it will be playing in Texas is the Angelika theater in Houston.

This may be futile, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there about getting a small group together from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex to go watch the movie - and then maybe dinner after to talk about it.  I know, from my blogging stats, that there are people in Dallas, Fort Worth, and other nearby communities who visit my blog.

Anyway, if you are interested, send me an email (email id on my blog profile).  It's still over a month away, so there is time to think about it.

2 comments:

Rob said...

I've seen it twice. It's definitely worth your time.

Moms for Equality said...

I also saw 8: The Mormon Proposition at The Sundance Film Festival and agree it is worth seeing. It is getting extended standing ovations at every festival it plays at and anyone feeling to criticize it should see it first. They will find as Variety’s review states: “8″ actually spends more time trying to humanize homosexuals than to demonize those who hate them. It opens in a dozen major cities June 18th, and on VOD.

Linda Stay - http://www.MomsForEquality.com