I can hardly believe I've prognosticated and bloviated through 500 posts. In celebration, I will now share 500 things about me that you might not know
- . . . OK, I'm bored
- I'm afraid of the dark - specifically, I'm afraid to be alone outside after dark. I'm OK in the house, as if a flimsy door or window could stop a boogie man; and, I'm OK outside if other people are around - even if I don't actually see them, but I see/hear evidence that they are around. But, my anxiety level shoots up whenever I find myself alone outside in the dark.
- Scary movies give me nightmares. I'm talking about the suspenseful kind, not the blood and guts kind. For example, the movie Signs was too scary for me. I don't watch the blood and guts kind either - but that's more because they gross me out rather than anxiety levels.
- Whenever I am checking my blog statistics and I see that someone from Pocatello, Idaho visited my blog, I think of Steve Sandvoss (Elder Aaron Davis in Latter Days is from Pocatello, Idaho).
- I think Steve Sandvoss is stunningly beautiful, as is John Barrowman, James Marsden, Milo Ventimigli, and . . . well, I could go on for a long time.
- I enjoy cooking and I'm actually quite good at it; but, I prefer making savory dishes. I'm really not much of a dessert chef.
- I enjoy trying new cuisines and things I've never had before, but there some things I refuse to eat, such as: Organ meats, Octopus, and squid heads (although I love calamari) . But, I have tried a number of exotic foods, such as snails and steak tartar
- I love sushi. I love to make sushi. I'm not much of a sushi chef, so my homemade sushi doesn't look as nice as those you get in sushi restaurants, but they taste pretty good. Yes, I do use raw fish in my homemade sushi. An upscale grocery store in the area carries sushi grade salmon, tuna, and eel in their seafood department.
- My wife hates sushi (she doesn't like fish in general, but she especially loathes sushi); so, I don't get it very often. Fortunately (for me), most of my children, and their spouses, love sushi.
- Growing up as a boy, my mom often sang to me and encouraged me to sing; but, when my voice started changing at the onset of puberty, I quit singing and refused to even try. Although, I was musical and learned to play a number of different instruments. It wasn't until college, when I joined the LDS church, that I began singing again.
- I'm a decent singer - I can sing loud and I have a good musical ear so I sing on-key. But, I don't like the tonal quality of my voice; so, I avoid singing solo. I don't even like singing in small groups (duets, trio's, etc.). I have a blending voice, I blend well with others.
- In general, I prefer the sound of the male singing voice
- I love going to Home Depot and Lowes.
- I'm pretty handy with tools and try to do all of my own home repairs and improvement. But, I do know my limits and will call in a professional when I'm in over my head - such as plumbing.
- I'm totally clueless when it comes to cars. I've never even opened the hood on my Nissan Cube.
- I absolutely hate changing oil on a car - and I refuse to do it. I can't stand getting that black oily grit on my hands. But, I don't mind digging in the garden with my bare hands, cutting up raw chicken and other meats, or changing poopy diapers - go figure.
- I also hate shopping for clothes (does this mean I have to turn in my gay card?). But, I do love going into camera stores, hobby stores, etc.
- My feet are 9-1/2 EEE - do you know how hard it is finding shoes in EEE width? I'm also flat footed.
- I enjoy reading my morning newspaper while eating breakfast (the last of a dying breed, I suppose). My favorite section is the comics. Our local daily newspaper has two full pages of comics. I don't know why, but I always read them backwards - I start on page 2 and read them bottom to top and then page 1 bottom to top. But, the Sunday comics I read normally.
- I didn't start shaving until I was older. On my mission (I was 21 years old when I left, since I didn't join the LDS church until I was nearly 19) I only had to shave every other day. Even now, having blond hair, I can miss a day without it being too noticeable unless you're up close. I rarely shave on Saturday's.
- In general, I don't like facial hair on guys (or girls, for that matter); although, I think a little stubble can be sexy (on guys, not girls)
- I don't like tattoos or other body modifications
- But I do think earrings on a guy can be attractive
- Girls scare me, especially teenage girls. They scared me when I was a teenager and I've never gotten over it.
btw, I've shared this before; but, here is my current favorite YouTube video, If my ward does a talent show this year - I'm going to try to put together a quartet to perform this. Yes, I know, I don't like singing in small groups - but this is just too good to pass up.
I also really like this YouTube video; but, somehow, I don't think it would go over too well in a church talent show. Although, it would be fun to see the expressions on everyones faces :)