Thursday, May 14, 2009

Abelard's thoughts

I've been kind of 'out of it' for the past couple of months - with two children getting married, work issues, and life in general.

So, what's been going on in my life - besides being laid off, that is?

My youngest daughter was married in March here in Texas. My youngest son was married in April in Orlando, Florida. After the wedding, we spent 3 days at DisneyWorld before returning to Texas. Might seem a bit extravagant for someone who was coming home to be laid off from work - but the trip was already planned and the condo and tickets already paid for.

Although a bit late to the party - here are my thoughts on current events
  • Miss California is certainly entitled to her opinion. Her stand on gay marriage very well may have cost her the Miss American crown - isn't that enough? Yet, I keep reading what a horrible person she is. Sheesh people - let it go.
  • Perez Hilton is an idiot and does more harm than good for gay rights - in my own most humble opinion.
  • At the risk of sounding crass ... people die from the flu every year - this year some people will die from the swine flu. Can we stop the chicken little the sky is falling routine? I'm reminded of the West Nile Virus craze a couple of years ago. The mosquito's are still here and people are still getting sick - but nobody talks about it anymore.
  • So, Obama isn't turning out to be the big gay rights advocate people hoped he would be - is anybody really surprised?
  • I'm convinced the streets in Orlando, Florida are like the stairs in Harry Potter that keep moving.

No comments: