Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wifie Heloise

I've decided that I need to come up with another name for my wife other than "my wife". So, she will be known as Heloise (as decreed by Samatha, the Queen of the Queerosphere)For now, she will be "wifie" until I can come up with something more clever .

Tonight, wifie Heloise and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I was a bit apprehensive because, last time, we had this drop dead gorgeous guy waiter and I spent the whole meal staring into my plate (See Out of the closet, day 14). This time we had a really cute girl waiter, whew!

As we were driving home from dinner, wifie Heloise was telling me that she wants to go visit the Cowgirl Museum in Fort Worth someday. Then she added "I know it's girls, but you can still come." I wasn't sure what to make of this last remark, so I just sort of ignored it and changed the subject. But, I'm not sure if that was the best course of action either. Why are girls so hard to understand? Even straight guys complain that they don't get girls. Us gay guys don't stand a chance. Or should it be that we do understand girls? I'm so confused!

7 comments:

Kengo Biddles said...

I got yelled at by our Queen for calling Miki "wifey"...so choose a name fast! :)

Loyalist (with defects) said...

there is that name generator that scot used. :)

Abelard Enigma said...

I looked at that, but it generates real sounding names. I was looking for something creative, like salad or FoxyJ.

I really like french fry's. Maybe I could call her frenchfry - no, scratch that idea.

Chris said...

For awhile my ex was going by WINO -- wife in name only.

Samantha said...

No! No! No! No!

Your spouse is not a "wifey" (so demeaning). She deserves a name suitable to her endless patience and love for you.

Therefore, as is my custom, as Queen of the Queerosphere (a title bestowed upon me by The Great -L-), I hereby dub thee and thy wife: Abelard and Heloise Enigma.

I understand that after researching this famous couple, you may not necessarily wish to be called after them (by the way, Abelard's first name is really Peter), especially when taking into account the rather unseemly and messy end to their love affair, however, AtP and I agree that the names are most beautiful.

Regardless of whether or not you choose to accept this 'nymming, please don't call your lovely lady "wifey".

This message will not self-destruct. If you don't want it, you will have to delete it.

Abelard Enigma said...

I hereby dub thee and thy wife: Abelard and Heloise Enigma.

Who am I to argue with the Queen of the Queerosphere? Heloise Enigma it is.

I'm not so sure about Abelard (am I risking the wrath of the queen?). It just doesn't sound very Texan. I was thinking something more along the lines of Bud, or Billy Jo Bob.

Samantha said...

How can you resist Abelard??? It's so...Biblical...

You can shorten it to Abe (Father of Isaac), or even use Abel (although he did get murdered). Both names have a distinctly Texan flavor, in my opinion.