Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fourth batch of answers

I've received a few more questions (and comments I wanted to respond to) as a result of the answers I already gave. And, my invitation to ask questions still stands.

Q: I am clearly NOT a gay man. :)

And I am clearly not a lesbian ... er, a gay woman :) But, I think we understand one another. The way I look at it - I think eating organ meats (heart, brains, liver, etc.) is totally disgusting and revolting. In fact, even thinking about it makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth. But, that doesn't mean I can't love, accept, and respect those who do like to partake in such things. Just, please don't share any recipes with me ...

Q: (a) So do you have rage against the church or what? (b) Do you still believe most of what they teach otherwise?

(a) I don't harbor any rage against the church. If I did, I wouldn't still be attending every Sunday nor would I be fulfilling my calling in my stake. I think a word that probably better describes my feelings towards the church right now is disappointment. Although, I am curious about what I said that would cause you to draw that conclusion.

(b) I want to say 'yes' - I really do. I want to say that my testimony is as strong as ever in all other things - but I'd be lying. Unfortunately, Mormonism is an all or nothing religion. Is it even possible to have a 99% testimony? But, to answer your question - yes, I still believe. But, it's like getting a tiny crack in your windshield - one that slowly begins to grow over time. And, it's not something that's going to get fixed by simply praying, reading the scriptures, and going to church.

Q: did you like the music for the new star trek spinnoff "enterprise" yes/no, why/why not?

I've already answered this question in my Third batch of answers. I just wanted to add that when I first read this question, I mistakenly thought it was referring to the latest movie (which is still in theaters - btw). And my thought was "um, I don't really remember the music track" - I guess I was too busy ogling Chris Pine.

3 comments:

Ned said...

What to the (R) and the (RIP) mean on your list of blogs? How do you compile that list and keep it up to date?

Philip said...

Have you ever been in love with a man?

Regards,
Philip

David Baker-@DB389 said...

Not a question, but Ned's made me look at the list. You can nix the MoHo Dilemma blog, I decided not to move afterall.