Thursday, January 4, 2007

Diet Day 2

Well, I made it through Day 1. And, in case anyone is wondering, I did resist the urge to eat my last 11 almonds until right before I went to bed.

This diet is a lot of work. I think I spent an hour preparing dinner last night. I cooked some extra chicken which we'll eat today for lunch. This morning, before breakfast, I spent an hour preparing stuff for lunch and dinner (a black bean spread for our chicken wraps for lunch and marinated flank steak for dinner). It tastes good; but, it sure is a lot of work.

The next step is to start thinking about the dreaded "E" word. I think working from home makes exercising even harder. I mean, my commute to work each day is walking up the stairs. When I worked in an office, I would sometimes deliberately park at the far end of the parking lot so that I had to do some extra walking to and from my car. And, when it comes to exercise, I'm just not that disciplined. But, I guess I'm going to have to do it :-(

I guess this is another area where I deviate from the typical gay stereotype in that I don't go work out at the gym all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too. Work out? Ew.