Friday, January 5, 2007

Diet Day 3

Well, I made it another day. Last night's dinner was really good: Marinated Flank Steak and Sauteed Broccoli, Roasted Peppers, and Goat Cheese. It was a meal I would enjoy even if I weren't on this diet. I felt so satisfied after dinner that I forgot to eat my string cheese snack later that evening.

But, all is not well. Today my stomach isn't feeling so good. It's not too bad, but I think my body is starting to rebel. I'm having withdrawals from Christmas goodies :-)

My daughter is starting to waiver. She doesn't like having to eat all of the salad and vegetables. I'm not sure my wife is 100% for this diet; but, I'm still determined to stick with it. Things will get better in another week. That's when we complete Wave 1 and start Wave 2 where we have more food and a a larger variety of foods to choose from - like fruit. I get to eat an apple! I can also have a glass of wine with dinner; but, I guess I'll have to forgo that treat. I'm also skipping the green tea that they recommend drinking.

For lunch today, we're having a wrap made from the leftover marinated flank steak we had last night. For dinner, we're having Mediterranean Pork Chops, Broccoli with Almonds and Hot Pepper, and Toasted Quinoa Pilaf.

One thing that is making the preparation all the more difficult is that our dishwasher broke last week. Actually, it's the door latch, we can't get it open; and, it is holding some of our dishes hostage. We have an extended warranty on it; but, they told us they can't come out until Thursday of next week. So, we're short on dishes and we have to wash everything by hand. Oh well, if that's the worst thing that happens to us then life is good.

No comments: