Sunday, January 7, 2007

More changes with the New Year

Another change that comes with the new year is a change in our church meeting schedule. In 2006, our regular 3 hour block of church services started 1:00pm. I, however, have other meetings that I attend before church services that started at 8:00am. I'm good with 8:00am. That's the time I normally start work during the week; so, it just like going to work on Sunday. I liked starting my Sunday meetings at 8:00am.

However, in 2007, our regular block of church services now starts at 9:00am. That means my Sunday meetings start at 6:30am. That is just too dang early! I have this thing about leaving the house while it's still dark outside. There might still be some boogie men lurking around in the shadows. So, this morning, I had to get up before the crack of dawn so that I could be at church at Oh-dark:30. At least, being Fast Sunday, I didn't have to worry about fixing breakfast beforehand.

I actually got to church about 10 minutes early and was the first one there. I opened up the building and started turning on lights. I wasn't sure what to do while I waited for others to show up; so, I did what any good priesthood brother would do, I started setting up chairs. You see, that what we do if we feel like we should be doing something but don't know what. If we see chairs setup, we start taking them down. If we see chairs on chair racks we start setting them up. There are always chairs around that need to be either set up or taken down :-)

It's not that I mind going to all of these meetings. I'm just not a morning person. Actually, truth be told, I'm not really a night person either. My wife once had me take this test in one of her woman's magazines to determine if you were a morning person or a night person. At the end of the test you ended up with a score between 1 and 24 where closer to 1 meant you were a morning person and closer to 24 meant you were a night person (or vice versa, I can't really remember). As I recall, my score was a 12. So, I guess I just sort of peak sometime during the middle of the day.

No comments: