Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ted Haggard

The queerosphere is all a-buzz these days over Ted Haggard and his miraculous conversion to heterosexuality in just 3 weeks. So, I thought I would weigh in on the topic.

I pointed to the article that was in our local newspaper yesterday and asked my wife what she thought. Her response was something to the effect of "knowing what I know now, I don't believe him." I then asked what her opinion would have been a couple of weeks ago (before the great coming out). She responded that she wouldn't have cared. She would have seen the headline and just skipped the article entirely.

She then asked what I thought. I responded that I thought he was a snake oil salesman. I then added that I would have probably said the same thing even before all of this came out. (I try to respect all religions and beliefs, but these millionaire preachers with their mega-churches are exempt from my respect.)

I then pointed out where the article said that he and his wife will be pursuing a career in psychology and how that was my real concern. Given his previous stature before his fall, he is obviously charismatic and is able to convince people to give him millions of dollars. Putting that kind of person in a position of trust as a counselor, I believe, is a dangerous combination.

I can just imagine the infomercials
Having problems with those evil homosexual feelings?

Do you wish you could look at women the same way you look at men?

Call 1-800-555-HOMO.

For just 5 easy payments of $29.95, we can convert you to a complete heterosexual.

Call 1-800-555-HOMO.

And, if you act now, we'll throw in a Playboy magazine as a bonus so that you can fully enjoy your new heterosexuality.

Call 1-800-555-HOMO.

Thats 1-800-555-HOMO.

Call now!

1 comment:

Scot said...

Lol.

I’ll join you in that worry. I fear, at other's expense, he’ll be making lemonade of his lemons in no time.